As you may have guessed from the title - below are some WordPress tutorials that you might find handy. I tried to pick up the most easy to follow and fruitful in results tutorials.
If you’ve been wondering how the WP themes are created here is a small roundup of the best tutorials on designing WordPress themes for beginners:
* So You Want to Create Wordpress Themes, Huh?
Actually this is not a one tutorial but a series of 16 lessons on almost every aspect of Wordpress theme development. I think every beginner should read this.
* How to Create WordPress Themes from Scratch.
This is a step-by-step tutorial in 3 parts on how to design a WP theme from scratch. This is a very popular tutorial, clearly written and easy to follow. Great place to start if you are looking for a comprehensive guide on designing and coding a theme.
* How to Create a WordPress Theme from Scratch.
Another step-by-step tutorial in two parts, covering the basics of WordPress theme development.
If you have updated to the latest WordPress version below are tutorials you might find handy:
* The Ultimate Wordpress 2.8 Optimization Guide will teach you how to speed up your blog.
* Build A WordPress 2.8 Widget With The New Widget API is a very good tutorial if you plan to create a widget for your new WordPress.
* Tag descriptions in WordPress 2.8 will teach you how to add descriptions to your tags and answer the question why you should add them at the first place.
Are there some tutorials you’d like to share with us?
P.S.: Don’t be shy and submit your wp themes to WPDaddy free WordPress themes collection.